An amazing, delicious prime rib…
The holidays are upon us and it’s time to get your prime rib game on! Here is an easy herb encrusted prime rib recipe that’s amazingly delicious.
About this Recipe
Recipe contributed by @carbique
Easy Smoked Prime Rib
- 1 8-10 lb Felton Angus Beef prime rib roast bones cut off and tied back
- 4-6 tablespoon Caribeque AP Rub (depending on the size of your prime rib) or season liberally with salt and pepper
- Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon Chopped rosemary
- 4 cloves Garlic diced fine, almost to a paste
- Preheat the grill/smoker to 225 degrees.
- Combine Caribeque AP rub, garlic, chopped thyme and chopped rosemary in a bowl and mix together with a spoon to create the “rub mixture.”
- Coat the entire rib roast with olive oil and apply the rub mixture heavily to the prime rib.
- Place prime rib roast on grill and cook until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees F.
- Use thermometer to test for doneness according to chart below. We recommend 135 internal temperature for the perfect medium-rare roast.
- Pull roast off the grill and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
*Follow same directions in oven for perfect prime rib every time.